It's so Fluffy I'm Gonna Die!!

Wednesday, October 06, 2010

I have been going through fluff-withdraws. Going without a fluffy pet this long has been a problem for me, but, since Poncho and I are long-term housesitting for his grandparents, I can't just, like, find a fluffy creature and bring it home.

Fortunately, I have discovered the joys of fostering! You see, Poncho's aunt works with the Orange County Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (SPCA), and she found kittens and Poncho's mom said I could keep them... for two weeks.

I will take what I can get.


Henry never holds still. He's the tough one. Duncan is sweet.
They're hard to get pictures of because they haven't figured out
how awesome I am yet.

I will not pretend that I chose to care for and socialize a couple of stray kittens because it's, like, "the right thing to do" or something noble like that. It was purely for selfish reasons, I assure you.

That said, you should totally help out your local animal shelter. They always need more animal food, volunteers, and money for veterinary services. I don't know about other SPCAs, but but OCSPCA allows you, when making a donation, to specify where you'd like your money to go.

So do that. And, if you are not yet convinced, allow me to inspire you with rhyme:

While walking on the beach one day, I saw a starfish by the shore. And everywhere I looked, it seemed, I saw a thousand more. Then what to my surprise appeared? A boy of nine or ten. And as the starfish washed ashore, he threw them back again.

“One fish won’t make a difference, son; you can’t change this situation.” He stooped and picked up one more fish, then looking right at me, “I can make a difference for this one, sir” and returned it to the sea.

So I went and gathered all my friends, my brothers and my cousins. We joined in with that little boy and saved starfish by the dozens.

There are still many to be rescued – many “starfish” on life’s shore. And you can make a difference too…by saving just one more.”

Author Unknown

3 comments:

Sara said...

SQUEEEEEEEE KITTEHS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Paige said...

oh man oh man oh man i go through fluff withdrawls too!

cowbiscuits said...

sooo cute!!!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...