Maison de Beauties

Monday, October 17, 2011


Maison de Beauties
    AKA House Of Beauties; Mezon do Byuutiizu; メゾン・ド・ビューティーズ
Downloaded from Goldlily's Media Gallery  ~
Mangaka Mizushiro Setona
Genre(s) drama, romance, shoujo, slice of life
Year 2000
Volumes3
Summary  taken from Baka-Updates
A low-price, high-quality apartment in the metropolitan area of Tokyo is nothing short of a miracle! It exists, but there's a catch -- tenants must be good-looking and pass an interview by the landlord!? This is a love comedy about what happens when the beautiful people are all gathered under one roof! 

Scanlated by ShoujoMagic
Translation A+
Scan Quality A+
Editing Quality A+

Review
I only gave the art two and a half stars because I'm not a fan of the style, but the quality isn't bad... it's just a matter of taste, I suppose. Fortunately, I did like the characters, for the most part. The main guy was probably my least favorite character, but both of the secondary characters were interesting. The moral of the story will hit close to home for anyone in their twenties (or older or younger, but it's definitely relevant for twenty-somethings). Since the moral can't be discerned from the summary, I'm wary to give it away, but I will hint that it has to do with delusions of success and working hard.

Also, there were a few parts that made me laugh out loud, which isn't something that happens often when reading. The romance aspect is also better than the average manga, I would say.
Story  
Art      

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...