Japan in Two Dozen Pictures

Tuesday, May 04, 2010

I have somehow managed to narrow down my 1,100+ photos from Japan down to twenty four. These represent the best of what I saw during my time in Tokyo and Kamakura. I'm already trying to plot out when I can go again. Traveling to other places suddenly seems less important.

Everything I researched and posted before going pretty much holds true. We did end up spending far less than expected on food, and far less than feared on train travel. Train travel for seven days between Narita Airport, all over Tokyo, and to Kamakura and back came out to... probably around $100. Food was cheaper than expected, about $10 a meal tops. We went out to a nice shabu shabu place once for $20, but that's it.

For more photos, check out my Flickr.

Love at first sight.

Most cherry blossoms had shed, but these were perfect.
(Ueno Park)

That's a big face.
(Ueno Park)

Cherry Blossom Massacre
(Ueno Park)

I dreamed of this moment.
(Asakusa)

Go to the center of the city and you'll find
an ancient temple in a beautiful forest.
(Meiji Jingu)

Hachiko still waits for his master.
(Shibuya)

Let's keep our priorities straight.
(Shibuya)

Our ryokan.
(Asakusa)

When I think "Akiba" I think of that building right here.
(Akihabara, AKA Akiba)

Being surrounded by a bright city and old temples
at once is amazing.
(Asakusa)

Buddha Buddies
(Asakusa)

Walking "home."
(Asakusa)

Samurai Masters
(Asakusa)

Tokyo Tower
(Minato)

Nothing like running into some classic Engrish. Sexy Fight!
Yes, that's a dude.
(Ueno Station)

Do you want your hotel room for 40 minutes or 60?
(Love Hotel Hill, Shibuya)

I have posted pictures of this building several times.
This picture I took myself, and it felt great to do it.
(Den-en-chōfu)

The temples of Kamakura are fantastic.
(Hase-dera Temple, Kamakura)

I have no desire to leave here ever.
(Hase-dera Temple, Kamakura)

Nothing in Japan is too serious to include some cuteness.
(Hase-dera Temple, Kamakura)

Can my backyard look like this someday? Please?
(Hase-dera Temple, Kamakura)

Poncho and his new BFF.
(Daibutsu AKA The Great Buddha, Kamakura)

Peek-a-Buddha, by Poncho
(Daibutsu AKA The Great Buddha, Kamakura)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...