Manga Monday: The Rêverie of the Red Shoes (Oneshot)

Monday, August 22, 2011




The Rêverie of the Red Shoes
Mangaka Yun Ji Woon
Genre(s) drama, josei, romance, tragedy
Year 2003
Volumes 1
Summary  taken from Baka-Updates
What happens when you trade your soul for material goods? Is there a way for redemption? A spin off from the classic tale "Red Shoes," this is the story of a woman's obsession with worldly goods and the consequences of that foolish desire.

Scanlated by Project NOIR
Translation A+
Scan Quality A+
Editing Quality A+

Review
One shots are a great way to keep myself entertained for a few minutes, but whenever I read one I can't help but either wish the oneshot was not a oneshot, or feel that I just wasted those few minutes. This, fortunately, falls into the former category. I liked the story, and I liked the end, and I would really have liked it if the story had been fleshed out to, say, two or three volumes. I suppose asking to get attached to characters that only have a thirty page story is asking a bit much, but if you want to read a oneshot then I would say this is a good one.
Story      
Art         

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...