A Song of Ice and Fire

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

[ paperpie ]
I just wanted to take a moment to let everyone know that I am madly obsessed with HBO's Game of Thrones and the book series it's based on. I watched the first five episodes in a sitting, and then started reading the books the next day.

This series has so much detail and is so unpredictable that it seems wholly possible that the author, George R.R. Martin, has a portal in the back of his wardrobe that takes him to Westeros, where he just copies down everything that is happening and scribbles it out for our reading pleasure. I've read long fantasy series before, but the attention to detail in this series borders on madness.

The show is currently my favorite show, and the book series is currently my favorite set of books. If someone were to ask me who my favorite character is in either incarnation... I think I might implode just trying to pick.

I hate to hype things up, but I'm going to anyway. Just look at this map of Westeros. It's crazy. And there's plenty more to the world of A Song of Ice and Fire than Westeros. Even my mother is reading this series. My friend picked up the first book and within three chapters was saying "Hooray! I have something to replace my Harry Potter obsession!"

It's good stuff. Read it or watch it or both.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...