Manga Monday: Dear Friends

Monday, August 30, 2010




Dear Friends
Mangaka Yoshi Yuu & Watanabe Ayu
Genre(s) drama, mature, psychological, shōjo, slice Of life, tragedy
Year 2005
Volumes 1
Summary  taken from Baka-Updates
There’s the affectionless father and the overly affectionate mother, and then there’s the beautiful 18 year old high schooler Rina. “Friends are just meant to be used,” is what Rina says when she is caught having sex with one of her friends’ boyfriends. Rina has such a low opinion of friends, but when she is hospitalized her classmate from elementary school, Maki, appears before her, wanting to continue their free-of-charge friendship from long ago. In this day and age, just what is the meaning of friendship?

Scanlated by Starry Heaven
Translation A
Scan Quality A+
Editing Quality A+

Review
Remember last week when I reviewed a manga about a girl and her uncle who live together and fall in love and said it wasn't creepy? Well this one is creepy. I don't really get the friendship that develops, and think Maki is a total creepster. And Rina is just an all-around awful person, the reasons for which I think should've been elaborated on. I don't know, maybe it's just that Rina reminds me of one of my sisters. You know you're a horrible person when getting cancer is the best thing that's ever happened to you. All that said, I think a lot of other people will like this manga, and it seems to get typically good reviews. I thought it was totally blah, but I suppose it's very possible I'd be in the minority on this one.
Story       
Art         



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...