D.D.D.

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

If you have come to see a twenty-something nobody spiral into a Deep Dark Depression, you have come to the right place. The last job I wrote about, the closest job I've gotten to in fourteen months of looking, went to "an old family friend." I can't decide if her admitting that makes me feel better because, hey, at least I didn't just plain suck (probably), or worse because... ugh. Really? Ugh. But at least I now know I "seem like a very capable and warm-hearted woman"!


I'll show you "warm-hearted." Show you it right in the face.


So, I am now right back to where I was on 13 June 2009. Nowhere. Except now I have discovered Bertolli Skillet Meals for Two, which are only $6.50 and take ten minutes to cook, so now I have more time and money on my hands. And sodium.


Oh, and I have a new basket for my bike.

That's right, the basket has a handle because it clips off for maximum glory.
So... I think I'm stumped. There's only so much craigslist one person can stand!

5 comments:

Jessica said...

Sorry!

Did you try the temp agency? =O

Wesley said...

Damn, I'm sorry. But also, on top of the agency, have you looked into some charity work? I'm sure there are some worthwhile organizations nearby which would love some part-time help, it may not take much time, and it does look good on a resume. At Gettysburg I did some tutoring at a local afterschool program for elementary-aged kids, and that would be something appropriate for you. On top of that, it could also be rewarding.

Plum said...

Yes, I applied at the temp agency. Waiting on them.

Yes, I looked into charity work. Haven't found anything exciting yet, but it's still on the table.

Anonymous said...

I just stumbled on here from 20sb and I'm happy that I did.

I'm so sorry to hear that the job didn't come through though. Hopefully, things will start to look up soon. Good luck!

Plum said...

Thanks, kat! Today I will make use of my bike basket and it will be a wonderful day.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...