3D Printing

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Printed in color, as one piece. Amazing!
(source)
Lately I've been hearing a lot about 3D printing, and it has me all kinds of excited. You can make models of pretty much anything--I've seen cups, crazy gear systems, a working crescent wrench printed as one piece, and lots and lots of heads. People love printing their heads.

In fact, Disney recently invited some annual passholders with little girls between ages three and sixteen to get 3D photos taken of their faces in order to make customized princess figurines. And they didn't invite me. That's just so cold. I mean, obviously I need a figurine of my face on Ariel's body.

Clearly that's the best use of this technology--creating dolls for narcissists. I'm getting a doll with my face on it, and that's just all there is to it.

The best place I've found for this so far is Clone Factory in Akihabara. Unfortunately, I was there a year and a half ago, before I knew I needed a doll with my face, and I don't think Poncho's going to be willing to make the trek back to Japan any time soon.

I just... I just really need a 3D printer. Life can be so hard sometimes. Woe.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...